Kynami offers a suite of social media services (Services) that are accessible via our mobile application. These Services allow you to engage with your trust-based community to converse, exchange ideas, offer support, and eventually engage in financial transactions.
Our Services are not intended for use by children without adult supervision.
What information do we collect?
We collect minimal information about you insofar as necessary for the following activities:
- Your contact and profile information including your name, email address; your community affiliation should you want to provide that information; your preferences such as the types of communication you would like to receive from us; and image (if you choose to provide this).
- We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a login service, such as Apple or Google, to create or access your account.
- We do not store any payment information if you sign up for the voluntary subscription to donate to your community, causes of choice, or to fund Kynami as we rely on third-party services.
- Your profile information that you choose to connect to Kynami. For example, your Apple or Google profile information may include your username, email, and profile image.
- Your messages, posts, audio or video contents, links, comments, and other material you curate on and upload to Kynami.
- We do not store any location information.
Logs, usage, and support data:
- Log data, which may include your IP address, your browser type and settings, your device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you use Kynami, and information about your smart phone configuration.
- Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users.
- General location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using Kynami.
Browsing our websites
- When you browse our websites, we collect information about you as described below, some of which is collected automatically:
- Aggregated website usage data including form analysis data (such as time taken to complete the form), engagement rate, session replay, and mouse movements.
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the purposes below:
Providing and securing our Services
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users are able to use the Services for their organization, and to make changes to their accounts.
- We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the Services, and manage your account.
- We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the Services.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the Services.
- We analyze usage information, your feedback, support queries, and survey responses to help us understand and make improvements to our Services.
Communicating with you
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our Services, events, and informative communications. We also use email statistics, such as open rates, to assess the effectiveness of, and to make improvements to our communications.
Improving our websites and applications
We use information about you to help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our websites and applications so that we can diagnose problems and make improvements, including enhancing usability and security.
What are your rights regarding the information about you?
When using our Services, you may access, update, or correct most of your Account information by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record.
If you have requests that cannot be carried out by logging in to your account, such as accessing additional information or deleting information about you, please email our privacy team at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain information about you for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, for payment processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce the applicable terms of service or other agreement in place between you (or your organization) and Kynami (the “Terms of Service”).
Requests to access, correct, or delete your information will be handled within thirty (30) days unless they are unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will advise you of the expected timeline for handling your request.
Emails and website browsing
For informative communications, you may opt out of messages sent by Kynami by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from specific or all communication lists.
Who has access to your information?
Kynami does not rent or sell your information. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees and we do not share your information with third parties.
Our employees and authorized contractors may need to access information about you when they require this to perform their job. For example, a customer support representative would need access to your account to validate your identity and respond to your question or request; our email communications team would need access to your contact information to ensure this information is sent correctly and any unsubscribe requests are properly managed; and our security staff would need to review information to investigate attempted denial of service attacks, fraudulent account activity, or other attempts to compromise the Services.
All our employees and contractors are required to agree to maintain the confidentiality and protect the privacy of your information.
How do we safeguard your information?
Kynami maintains strong security safeguards to protect your information. This includes encrypting all private data and ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect your information.
Access controls are in place to limit access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. For example, information about you may be provided to our customer support specialists to help you with your requests. Individuals who are permitted to handle your information must adhere to confidentiality obligations.
We encrypt private data to protect your information. All payment information is fully encrypted and handled only by PCI certified organizations.
How long do we retain your information?
We retain your information only as long as required to provide the Services requested by you, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for the Services.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information about you, we will dispose of it in a secure manner or anonymize the information.
Kynami’s roles under the GDPR and UK data protection laws
Depending on the situation and the type of data involved, Kynami may act as a data controller or a data processor.
Kynami as a data controller
Kynami acts as a data controller when we are:
- Collecting information from you to set up and administer your Kynami account (for example, Account information such as your name and email address);
- Monitoring usage information on our website and on both Android and iOS mobile devices;
- Managing your contact and other related information to send product-related and other communications to you;
- Responding to a support or general inquiry
Legal bases for processing when Kynami is a data controller
The legal bases for processing information about you include:
- Your consent (for example, when you have provided your information to sign up for an account or an event). Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- It is necessary to perform a contract (for example, we may need your information to fulfill our obligations of providing Services to you).
- Legitimate interest (for example, to provide and maintain the Services to you, to maintain the security of the Services, and to expand the community, all of which are described in the “How do we use your information?” section above).
Your rights when Kynami is a data controller
Where Kynami is acting as a data controller, we have outlined certain rights in the section “What are your rights regarding the information about you?”.
In addition, you may have the following rights:
- Right to object to processing: you may request that Kynami stops processing information about you (for example, to stop sending you communications).
- Right to restrict processing: you may request that we restrict processing information about you (for example, where you believe that this information is inaccurate).
- Right to data portability: you may request that we provide you with information Kynami has about you in a structured, machine- readable, and commonly used format, and you may request that we transfer this information to another data controller.
- If you would like assistance on any of the above requests, please email our privacy team with details of your request so that we may consider how we can help you.
Kynami as a data processor
Where you are using our Services and making decisions about the personal data that is being processed in the Services, you are acting as a data controller and Kynami is acting as a data processor.
There are certain obligations under the GDPR that you have as a data controller, including being responsible for managing Content on the Services. As a data processor, Kynami will only access and process Content to provide you with the Services in accordance with your instructions (which you provide through the Services), the Terms of Service, the Social Networks’ terms, and applicable laws. As part of delivering the Services, we may process Content to further improve the Services, such as enhancing usability and developing new features.
If you, as a data controller, require Kynami to agree to data protection requirements under Article 28, GDPR, or under UK data protection laws, Kynami makes available a data processing addendum that meets these requirements. Please email your customer details with your request to our Privacy team.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a consumer as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the following provisions apply to you. Definitions of terms are set out in the CCPA.
Information about your Personal Information
- The categories and specific types of personal information collected and sources from which personal information are collected are set out in the “What information do we collect?” section.
- The business and commercial purposes for collecting personal information are set out in the “How do we use your information?” section.
- The categories of third parties with whom your information is shared is set out in the “Who has access to your information?” section.
We have outlined certain rights in the section “What are your rights regarding the information about you?”
Under the CCPA, you may have the following specific rights:
- The right to know about the personal information collected about you, which we have set out under “Information about your Personal Information”
- The right to have your personal information deleted.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising consumer rights under the CCPA. You may exercise your rights by emailing our Privacy team.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please email our Privacy team at email@example.com.